In this 19-minute video, Danielle Roberts of Boomer Benefits interviews Social Security expert, Devin Carroll.
Devin is the author of the book Social Security Basics: 9 Essentials That Everyone Should Know and has been a practicing financial planner for the last 16 years.
In the video, Devin covers:
- When to file for Social Security
- What factors to consider before you file
- Why not to use a break-even analysis
- How your filing date could affect your spouse’s future benefits
- Taxation of Social Security and over-payment notices
- Checking your annual Social Security earnings record
Social Security Basics: 9 Essentials That Everyone Should Know provides details the specifics behind the rules, calculations, exceptions, and necessary information so you can correctly identify your own benefit, understand when you’re entitled to more, make the best decision on when to file, and more.