The Office of Personnel management recently released a new video to federal employees understand their retirement annuity benefits under the two most common Federal retirement systems: the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) and the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS).
The video, Your Federal Retirement Annuity – CSRS and FERS — covers the following topics:
- Which is my retirement system?
- How much of my salary is contributed to my retirement system?
- When can I retire?
- What service is creditable toward my retirement eligibility and annuity benefit?
- How can I estimate my monthly annuity benefit?
- What reductions could apply to my annuity benefit?
- How can I prepare for retirement?
The video is approximately 52 minutes long, and can be viewed below. Please note that OPM has hosted this video on it’s YouTube channel. If your agency blocks YouTube, consider requesting an exception from your IT department for OPM’s videos.