A Candid, Fresh Approach To Federal Retirement Training
ProFeds’ Federal Retirement Impact Workshop is a unique CSRS and FERS retirement seminar helping thousands of federal employees apply what they learn in the classroom to their own situation.
Tackle Real Problems With Real Solutions
Federal employees attend these workshops with real problems and seeking real solutions – it’s really that simple. Most are afraid of running out of money in retirement, they wonder how benefits might unexpectedly change in retirement, and what can be done between now and retirement to be better positioned.
In this session, there’s no bashing and no sugar-coating — just straight answers that employees can actually use to improve their plans for retirement.
Instead of teaching at a very technical level regarding the benefit rules, the workshop’s core objectives are to:
- break down complex concepts into easy-to-understand language
- educate employees to understand the impact of their retirement decisions
- help employees to create an action plan to proactively better their financial situation
Align with OPM’s Objectives to Partner with Federal Agencies
ProFeds partners with federal agencies to provide benefits and retirement training in accordance with the Office of Personnel Management’s financial literacy objectives. The result is high-quality training to their employees at various stages of their careers delivered in an interactive and lively session for federal employees to focus on the bigger financial decisions as they approach retirement.
Address the Most Common Challenges
- Budget constraints leave HR departments understaffed and unable to train in-house
- Federal employees are overwhelmed and confused about how to prepare for retirement
- Without proper guidance, employees often make uneducated decisions that carry long-term consequences
Topics Covered in the Workshops
General Retirement Planning
Retirement Systems (CSRS & FERS)
Survivor Benefit Plan
FERS Special Retirement Supplement
Taxes on Federal Pensions
Federal Employees Group Life Insurance
Federal Employees Health Benefits
Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program
Thrift Savings Plan