This website is provided for a quick reference to the major provisions of law and regulation of federal employee retirement benefits. While every effort is made to provide accurate and complete information, this website is not intended to be an all-encompassing resource of the subject area.
We provide no guarantee that the information provided is absolutely up-to-date to current federal regulations regarding the subject matter. For the most current information regarding the subject matter herein, you should consult the U.S Government's Office of Personnel Management (OPM) http://www.opm.gov or any other U.S. federal government agency responsible for rules and regulations of the subject matter on this site.
This website is offered with the understanding that the publisher is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional services. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
USE OF FINANCIAL PROFESSIONALS DIRECTORY ON MYFEDERALRETIREMENT.COM
Users of the Financial Professionals Directory on MyFederalRetirement.com should be aware that this service is provided solely for informational purposes, and that those professionals listed in the Directory have requested to be included. No representations about the suitability of this information and these services are made or endorsed by the directory's publisher, My Federal Retirement (MFR).
MFR makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the information, content, materials or products, included on this site. If you choose to use this Directory to locate a professional to assist you with your financial planning needs, you may wish to independently verify whether such professional has met the licensing requirements necessary to provide such services in your state. In many cases a professional will provide you with a disclosure brochure for your review, as well as references. MFR has not verified that the professionals listed are properly licensed to transact business in any jurisdiction, or are qualified to provide financial planning services.
Under no circumstances shall My Federal Retirement, or its parent company, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages that may result in any way from the use of any financial planner or professional, whether an individual or institution, listed in this directory or on the MyFederalRetirement.com Web site.
Failure to abide by these rules can result in immediate termination of access to MyFederalRetirement.com, without refund or recourse.
1. Ownership. This Site (MyFederalRetirement.com) is owned and operated by My Federal Retirement, a division of One Hour Marketing, LLC. All right, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds, and images (the "Materials") are owned either by One Hour Marketing, LLC or by its respective third party authors, developers, or vendors ("Third Party Providers"). Except as otherwise expressly provided by One Hour Marketing, LLC, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted, or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site shall be construed to confer any license under any of One Hour Marketing's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise. Downloading is easy, but just because you may be able to copy our content doesn't mean you own it. Please contact us by e-mail if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. MyFederalRetirement.com does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by One Hour Marketing, LLC. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by One Hour Marketing, LLC.
2. Limited Permission to Use Materials. One Hour Marketing, LLC hereby grants you permission to use, view, copy and print the Materials on any single, stand-alone computer solely for your personal, informational, non-commercial use and provided that (i) the copyright notice appearing at paragraph 10 below and the trademark notice appearing at paragraph 11 below appears in the Materials, (ii) the Materials are not used on any other Web site or in a networked computer environment and (iii) the Materials are not modified in any way. This permission terminates automatically without notice if you breach any of these terms or conditions. Upon termination, you will immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Materials. Any unauthorized use of any Materials contained on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
3. Do not share your logon passwords and user names. Our system is designed to detect this immediately, and suspend any account where more than one person signs on using the same username and password.
4. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site may contain links to Web sites controlled by parties other than MyFederalRetirement.com (the "Third Party Sites"). MyFederalRetirement.com is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, the contents or use of the Third Party Sites or any Web site accessed from a Third Party Site, or any changes or updates to such sites. MyFederalRetirement.com is not responsible for webcasting, podcasting, or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. MyFederalRetirement.com is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by MyFederalRetirement.com of the Third Party Site. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on Third Party Sites and agree that MyFederalRetirement.com is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on a Third Party Site.
5. Participation in forums. No advertising, trading of goods or services, or other commercial use is allowed except in classified ad forums. No bulk e-mail, junk mail or spam, chain letters, or repeat postings of the same message is permitted anywhere on the forums. Please use your own name when posting to the discussion forums. Do not impersonate anyone else. Treat other subscribers with courtesy and respect when posting messages to the discussion groups. No unnecessary name calling or abuse toward any subscriber is allowed. Please avoid shouting (using all capital letters) in the discussion forums. Do not use vulgarity, obscenity, profanity, ethnic slurs, hate speech, or sexually explicit language, or harass, abuse, or threaten other subscribers in the discussion forums. Do not libel or defame others. MyFederalRetirement.com strongly disapproves flaming. When you post content in the MyFederalRetirement.com forums, you permit MyFederalRetirement.com to display and distribute the content, and to use it for advertising and promotion. You grant to MyFederalRetirement.com the complete, perpetual, but non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, distribute, sub-license, etc. the content in whole or in part, throughout the world and universe, on a royalty-free basis. We do not try to edit or to monitor messages posted on the MyFederalRetirement.com forums, but MyFederalRetirement.com has the right to edit or remove objectionable postings. The person posting a message is solely responsible for it, not MyFederalRetirement.com . Violators may be permanently banned from using the forums, or even have their subscriptions terminated.
7. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ONE HOUR MARKETING, LLC EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
ONE HOUR MARKETING, LLC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
ANY MATERIALS OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. ONE HOUR MARKETING, LLC SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR ITS SERVER WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT SHALL ONE HOUR MARKETING, LLC, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS, USE, DATA OR OTHER ECONOMIC ADVANTAGE), HOWEVER IT ARISES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE, EVEN IF ONE HOUR MARKETING HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. IF YOUR USE OF MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ANY COSTS THEREOF.
9. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless One Hour Marketing, LLC, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site and the Materials.
10. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © My Federal Retirement, a division of One Hour Marketing, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
11. Trademarks. My Federal Retirement, MyFederalRetirement.com , all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons on the Site are service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress of One Hour Marketing, LLC. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.